No products in the cart.
2023 ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code, Section I: Rules for Construction of Power Boilers
Published by ASME International, 07/01/2023
ASME BPVC Section I, 2023 Edition – Rules for Construction of Power Boilers
ASME Section I provides requirements for all methods of construction of power, electric, and miniature boilers, high temperature water boilers, heat recovery steam generators, and certain fired pressure vessels to be used in stationary service, and power boilers used in locomotive, portable, and traction service. Rules pertaining to use of the V, A,M, PP, S and E ASME Product Certification Marks are also included. The rules are applicable to boilers in which steam or other vapor is generated at pressures exceeding 15 psig, and high temperature water boilers intended for operation at pressures exceeding 160 psig and/or temperatures exceeding 250 degrees F. Superheaters, economizers, and other pressure parts connected directly to the boiler without intervening valves are considered as part of the scope of ASME Section I.
What are the key changes for 2023 BPVC Section I (ASME BPVC-I)?
- Tables PG-67.5 & PG-67.5M expanded and revised for the Super-critical (Ksc) capacity correction factors in determining the rated relieving capacity of Pressure Relief Devices.
- PW-28.1.3 revised to permit simultaneous qualification of weld procedures by more than one organization.
- Revised y factor table in PG-27.4.6 to make consistent with Section II-D T-Notes.
- PW-39.2 revised to address the use of buttering welds without PWHT of both materials.
- Form P-4 revised to include a section for documenting BEP under qualifying conditions.
- Tables PG-67.5, PG-67.5M, PG-68.7, and PG-68.7M relocated to an appendix to improve readability of overpressure protection requirements.
General Product Information:
|American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)