No products in the cart.
2023 ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code, Section II: Materials – Part A: Ferrous Material Specifications
Published by ASME International, 07/01/2023
ASME Section II Part A, 2023 Edition – Ferrous Material Specifications
ASME Section II, Part A is a “Service Section” to the other BPVC Sections, providing material specifications for ferrous materials adequate for safety in the field of pressure equipment. These specifications contain requirements for chemical and mechanical properties, heat treatment, manufacture, heat and product analyses, and methods of testing. They are designated by SA numbers and are identical with or similar to those of specifications published by ASTM and other recognized national or international organizations. Careful application of this Section will help users to comply with applicable regulations within their jurisdictions, while achieving the operational, cost and safety benefits to be gained from the many industry best-practices detailed within these volumes. Intended for manufacturers, users, constructors, designers and others concerned with the design, fabrication, assembly, erection, examination, inspection and testing of pressure vessels, plus all potential governing entities.
What are the key changes for 2023 BPVC Section II, Part A (ASME BPVC-II A)?
- Updates to the latest adopted edition have been made to over 60 specifications.
- Two new specifications have been added: SA-439/439M Specification for Austenitic Ductile Iron Castings; SA-1058/1058M Standard Test Methods for Mechanical Testing of Steel Products – Metric.
- Two new specifications have been removed: SA-557/SA-557M Specification for Electric-Resistance-Welded Carbon Steel Feedwater Heater Tubes; SA-731/SA731M Specification for Seamless, Welded Ferritic, and Martensitic Stainless Steel Pipe.
- A new statement of policy on the use of ASME material specifications has been added.
- Mandatory Appendix II has been retitled to “The Framework of ASME Material Specifications” and has been completely rewritten.
General Product Information:
|American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)