No products in the cart.
2023 ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code, Section IX: Welding and Brazing Qualifications
Published by ASME International, 07/01/2023
ASME Section IX, 2023 Edition – Welding and Brazing Qualifications
ASME Section IX contains rules relating to the qualification of welding, brazing, and fusing procedures as required by other BPVC Sections for component manufacture. It also covers rules relating to the qualification and requalification of welders, brazers, and welding, brazing and fusing machine operators in order that they may perform welding, brazing, or plastic fusing as required by other BPVC Sections in the manufacture of components. Welding, brazing, and fusing data cover essential and nonessential variables specific to the joining process used.
What are the key changes for 2023 BPVC Section IX (ASME BPVC-IX)?
- QG-108 has been revised to remove the 1962 provision and clarify the status of old PQRs when writing a WPS to a later edition.
- Definition of “initial heating interfacial pressure” was added was added to QG-109.2 and previous omissions of “sidewall-fusing” was added to pertinent definitions within QG-109.2.
- Table QW-264 has a new requirement that includes carbon equivalent limits for applicable steel alloys, when laser welding is performed, in order to address the increased risk of any cracks occurring.
- A new paragraph in QW-403 also includes the new variable for a change in base metals.
- Table QW/QB-422 has been revised to include: Weld metals based on SFA classification: SFA-5.9, SFA-5.18, & SFA-5.28; An explanatory note-QW-424.3; Base metal specification and grades for IRAM-IAS U 500-42, an Argentinian standard for structural use of hot rolled carbon steel sheets.
- Nonmandatory Appendix L has been revised to further clarify the qualification requirements for welders and welding operators.
General Product Information:
|Publisher||American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)|