No products in the cart.
Pipe Flanges and Flanged Fittings NPS ½ Through NPS 24 Metric/Inch Standard
Published by ASME International, 01/29/2021
ASME B16.5, 2020 Edition – Pipe Flanges and Flanged Fittings NPS ½ Through NPS 24 Metric/Inch Standard
ASME B16.5 is a widely recognized standard that specifies dimensions, tolerances, materials, marking, and testing requirements for flanges, fittings, and valves in piping systems. This standard covers a range of products, including weld neck, slip-on, threaded, lap joint, socket weld, and blind flanges, as well as butt-welding fittings and valves.
ASME B16.5 is developed by the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) and is widely used in industries such as oil and gas, chemical, petrochemical, power generation, and others. This standard ensures reliable and safe connections between piping components and helps to prevent leaks, failures, and accidents.
The ASME B16.5 standard includes requirements for different pressure ratings, materials, and sizes, which allows for a wide range of options to meet the specific needs of each application. In addition, it provides a clear and consistent framework for manufacturers, engineers, and operators to ensure compliance with industry standards and regulations.
In summary, ASME B16.5 is a vital standard for the piping industry, providing a clear and reliable framework for the design, manufacture, and operation of piping components.
(a) This Standard covers pressure–temperature ratings, materials, dimensions, tolerances, marking, testing, and methods of designating openings for pipe flanges and flanged fittings. Included are
(1) flanges with rating class designations 150, 300, 400, 600, 900, and 1500 in sizes NPS 1∕2 through NPS 24 and flanges with rating class designation 2500 in sizes NPS 1∕2 through NPS 12, with requirements given in both metric and U.S. Customary units with diameter of bolts and flange bolt holes expressed in inch units
(2) flanged fittings with rating class designation 150 and 300 in sizes NPS 1∕2 through NPS 24, with requirements given in both metric and U.S. Customary units with diameter of bolts and flange bolt holes expressed in inch units
(3) flanged fittings with rating class designation 400, 600, 900, and 1500 in sizes NPS 1∕2 through NPS 24 and flanged fittings with rating class designation 2500 in sizes 1 ∕ 2 t h r o u g h N P S 1 2 t h a t a r e a c k n o w l e d g e d i n Nonmandatory Appendix E in which only U.S. Customary units are provided
(b) This Standard is limited to
(1) flanges and flanged fittings made from cast or forged materials
(2) blind flanges and certain reducing flanges made from cast, forged, or plate materials (see Tables 1.1-1 through 1.1-3)
Also included in this Standard are requirements and recommendations regarding flange bolting, gaskets, and joints.
General Product Information:
|Publisher||American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)|