No products in the cart.
Published by ASME International, 10/10/2022
ASME B31.1, 2022 edition – Power Piping
ASME B31.1 prescribes minimum requirements for the design, materials, fabrication, erection, test, examination, inspection, operation, and maintenance of piping systems typically found in electric power generating stations, industrial and institutional plants, geothermal heating systems, and central and district heating and cooling systems.
ASME B31.1 also covers boiler-external piping for power boilers and high-temperature, high pressure water boilers in which steam or vapor is generated at a pressure of more than 15 psig [100 kPa (gage)]; and high temperature water is generated at pressures exceeding 160 psig [1,103 kPa (gage)] and/or temperatures exceeding 250 degrees F (120 degrees C).
What are the Referenced Standards for the 2022 Edition of ASME B31.1?
What are the key changes for the 2022 Edition of ASME B31.1?
- New and updated figures for Code Jurisdictional Limits on Piping
- Stress equation modifications to incorporate B31J Stress Intensification Factors into Chapter II and Appendix G
- Addition of B31P as an alternative for heat treatment and minimum preheat requirements
- New content in Chapter VI to allow NDE as additional alternative to hydrostatic testing on NBEP
- Update Design Conditions to align with ASME B31.3
- Clarification of visual examination requirements
- New content on In-process Examination in Chapter VI Inspection, Examination and Testing
- New content on Damage Mechanisms in Nonmandatory Appendix V
General Product Information:
|American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)